Wednesday, September 24, 2008

v stands for many wonderful things, too.

i am that stupid softly rolling happy that courses safely under the fear of the other shoe dropping. it's not a manic high, but a boring joy. i'm in love with it. it feels long overdue and everything i've been hoping to find on the other side of tumult.

it seems selfish to revel in oneself, but i do it unashamedly.

darling d and i spent the weekend in the forest with the amazing b-dill and ay-d. my deep rooted lust for off the grid life left me swollen with cabin-fantasy. i pressed my fingers in to the dirt and bled part of me out there. i left reluctantly, promising myself that this fundamental wide openness was a place i would return to. do we always portion out the most seemingly unattainable thing as a reward for the end of some perceived requirement?

so, i returned to my small corner, and the sun was still shining on the things i love and i felt relieved, as i always do, to find the journey in between full of light.

to pacify my longings, i lay down seed where i can and learn to appreciate it in spite of and because of it's smallness.

these winged babies were dancing with the lantana and lavender verbena in my window box.

From Panacea


From Panacea


From Panacea


the mint that i planted exploded (as mint is wont to do) and now cascades down the side of my building.

From Panacea


in spite of the forceful nature of its neighbor, the basil is thriving in its own space.

From Panacea


and i never knew they blossomed.

From Panacea


these tinies appeared one morning in my window box.

From Panacea


From Panacea


those are the things that i'm growing. and this is what i'm no longer growing.

From Panacea


From Panacea


i couldn't resist the urge to shear myself any longer. so, i chopped off all my hair.

From Panacea


From Panacea


i like to think of it as a celebration of the restlessness of the season, the pushing towards a change, the pagan new year. but maybe it's just a restlessness of myself and an expectation of, but incapability to act upon, great things in the works.

i'm not sure. but i do feel more at ease.